Kentuckiana Karaoke Contest Rules
This will be a 4 week contest, consisting of 4 weeks of qualifying rounds followed by a final round at the Iroquois Amphitheater.
The contest starts July 14th at Wick's in New Albany IN. There will be 4 preliminary rounds at various venues. The finals will be held at the Iroquois Amphitheater on Saturday August 11th from 8-11pm. The 12 finalist will perform one song during round1. Then will be narrowed done to 6 to perform in round 2. Ending in the final three to perform again for the grand prize. Once a person wins one of the qualifying contests, he or she advances to the finals. You can win a qualifying round at any of the venues that are participating in the contest, however you can only win one preliminary round. A wild card drawing the night of the semi-finals may add one additional contestant to the original finalists. This gives contestants a minimum of four opportunities to compete in the preliminary rounds. Note that Singers/contestants will be performing with a live karaoke band
Sign-ups will be on a first come first served basis.
You can sign up in advance at fullcontactkaraokeband.com
Scoring will be based upon a 100 point system.
50 Points for Audience Reaction
25 Points for Audience Interaction
- Did the singer sing to the audience?
- Was the singer able to get the audience into his or her performance?
20 Points for Stage Presence
- Is the singer comfortable performing,
- does he or she move, dance etc.?
5 Points for Song Selection
- Does the song fit the singers vocal range and ability.
In the event of a tie, there will be a sing-off to break the tie.
Who can participate?
- This is a singing contest open to all skill ranges and all ages at certain venues.
- Employees of the contest venues will not be allowed to compete.
- Employees of RSM Music and Media, LLC and Iroquois Amphitheater will not be allowed to compete.
- Relatives (immediate family) of the venue owners will not be allowed to compete.
- Relatives (immediate family) of RSM Music and Media, LLC and Iroquois Amphitheater will not be allowed to compete.
- Spouses of RSM Music and Media, LLC, Iroquois Amphitheater and venue owners will not be allowed to compete.
- Duets are not allowed.
Judging for qualifying rounds will be done by a audio meter to measure the audiences reaction to the contestant.
Judges for the finals will be selected by RSM Music and Media, LLC and Iroquois Amphitheater. Judges will be selected that have a professional knowledge of music. Professional singers, professional band members, music teachers, vocal coaches and or recording engineers, etc.
- $650.00 presented by Blind Squirrel
- 2 tickets to Here Come The Mummies At Mercury Ballroom
- 4 hours of Studio time at Head First Media
- Featured segment on WHAS/Great Day Live
- Ticket Package for events at the Iroquois Amphitheater
*These rules are subject to change*
cLICK HERE to go back to the Ketuckiana Karaoke contest sign up page